Sunday, October 2, 2011

Who The Heck Are We?



My name is Liz Owen. I'm a wife, mom, author, klutz, Erma Bombeck fan, and spray painter extraordinaire. And I do it all with the help of Mabel, trusty schnauzer sidekick. It's her house. She's the boss. That's why I named the blog after her. Also, it should be noted that any and all sales/pitch/petition emails I get addressed to "Dear Mabel" are promptly deleted. I mean, come on.


Also, I wrote this and you should buy it. Jane and Mabel are expensive.



This is my husband Matt. He's an art director and also designs cool stuff here. We met in a pool hall when we were 19. He had another girl on his lap and I turned to my friend and said, "Who's the jerk?" But he's not a jerk. He's very nice. And as you can see, he really, really, really knows how to relax.




This is our daughter Jane. She is pure sunshine and glitter and laughs at any and all bodily functions. We were married almost 10 years before we had her and it has changed out lives in a million wonderful ways. But for a long time we avoided kids like the ebola virus.


Oh yeah, this is Mabel. If you think she looks depressed that's because she is a little bit. She's still in only child mode and cares naught for Jane. But she'll get over it.

Right?

Right?