Monday, October 29, 2012

What I Was Wearing, What Was Going On


I remember at this particular moment I was thinking, "Hmmm... should have worn a slip with this dress." Remember back in the days when we never wore slips? Or only when our mothers badgered us into in on a Sunday morning? Now I'm the queen of slips. I have five. They hide a multitude of sins (puckers, panty lines, dress-riding-up-on-tights). Hip hooray for slips.


Here I was thinking about Jane. I was thinking about all her bite marks and head bumps and puffy eye marks. I cried on the way to work and my mascara was all smudged. As it turned out, her first day in her new daycare went great and she was happy as a bug when I picked her up.


I was thinking how happy I am to wear sweaters again.


I was thinking about my favorite tv show (at the moment) Once Upon A Time and how I miss my short Mary Margaret/Snow White haircut.


I was sitting in the doctors waiting room on this one. They've decided to pull me off my migraine medication due to some side effects. I'm headed into uncharted territory, since I haven't been in an un-medicated state for over a year and we don't know how the vertigo will react.

Somehow, being in this place, un-medicated, transient house stuff, crazy daycare happenings... it's all reminded me (again, and again) how NOT in control I am of my life. For a while there I thought I was, again. But I'm not, and never will be. Oh how wonderful, oh how marvelous...

"The Lord will fight for you, you need only be still."
Exodus 14:14