Friday, November 9, 2012

Horizons

 Found here.

Well, there may be a house on our horizon. Emphasis on the word "may." There's an emphasis there because I try desperately not to count my eggs before they hatch. But, as you can imagine, my mind has turned to all things houses in the jolly old land of Pinterest.

But I don't want to be that delusional gal who screams from the roof tops, "My dream house! It's mine!" I mean, I used to watch Miracle on 34th Street as a kid and watch cute little Natalie Wood race through her empty dream house and shake my head thinking, "Eh. It hasn't even been inspected yet."

So, all that to say, I'm crossing all my fingers and toes. And until I can uncross them, I'm happily reveling in the fact that one day, sooner or later, I will paint the walls of my house again. Here are a few of the things I'm inspired by lately.


Found here.

You gals know I love me some turquoise, but lately I've been loving on some minty green shades. How great and crisp does that look with white?


Found here.

When people ask me what paint colors I'll choose on our next house I say, "White." I get a lot of those fake "Oh, that's nice" platitudes. And that's fine, I get it... white seems a bit boring. With white, you have to work a little harder at decorating and making a room homey. But seriously, just look at these space...


Found here.

And this loveliness. Would these rooms look as crisp and cheerful in another color? Not to me.

 Found here.

I've also been fantasizing about built-ins, while simultaneously panicking at the thought. If I ever get so lucky, there will be countless arranging and rearranging sessions, and eventually I'll start to pull my hair and yell, "MATT, I'm going to the antique mall. We need more! We need different!"

But luckily, now, I have Jane, who will no doubt laugh at me, so sure that I'm performing some manic comic routine just for her, and I'll calm down and read her a book and forget all about antique malls. Motherhood is good to me.

Found here.

And finally, these stairs. I mean. I don't. There aren't words. It's not my style necessarily, but how brave! Someday. Maybe. If my sister Rachel will do the artwork for me.

So there's some of my house inspiration. Please keep your fingers crossed that there's a dream house on our horizon. And if it doesn't work out, keep your fingers crossed that we find another one to fill its shoes. But I'll tell you, I'm loving our horizon right now.