Friday, November 30, 2012

I'm Homeless And Can't Find My Camera So You'll Just Have to Take A Pinterest Journey With Me. Also, I Need Julia Sugarbaker.

As I find myself approaching an exit from temporary apartment living and into a new house (I'm screaming inside like a little girl every time I say that)... I'm in "what to paint" and "how do I start over from scratch" mode.

Last night as I watched an old episode Designing Women (my DVR decided to take a holiday and only recorded one instead of the usual five), I was stumped. I sat and looked at all the things I had pinned on Pinterest and thought to myself, "This doesn't help at all. I'm all over the place."

And just as Julia uttered my most favorite tv line of all time ("I mean we're going out to the wood shed and one of us isn't coming back alive"), I realized, I'm a decorating schizophrenic and that I needed Julie Sugarbaker to come in and sort things out for me. How wonderful would that be? I don't want to have anything redecorated exactly, I just want someone to tell me what colors to paint and how to arrange my furniture. Why? OK. Let me show you how it feels to be on Pinterest, inside my head.

You might want to take something for nausea, you could get a bit carsick.

*found here 

"Hey. I love this. Maybe I should take the plunge and make everything colorful and funky."

*found here 

"But, no. Wait. This is beautiful. I'm painting everything white. But I'll also need to win the lottery to afford this kitchen. Dang. I should have bought a ticket this week."


*found here

"Ooooh, I want a wood stove in the fireplace!"


*found here

"Hey, Matt, let's adopt four kids and let them bunk together. No, I'm serious..."


*found here

"Or maybe Alicia and Andy would just let us move in with them?"


*found here

"Could we live on an island?"


*found here

"Can I paint a formica back splash? No? What about with chalk board paint? No?"


*found here

"Let's tear out the new counter tops and put in vintage aqua ones. No?"


*found here

"I should stop painting furniture, I mean this is gorgeous. I've painted too much furniture as it is..."


"Whoa, what are you saying?!"

See. I told you to take some Dramamine.