Friday, December 7, 2012

And Then There Comes A Day When You Just Want To Stand On a Mountain and Yell, "Release the Kraken!"

*source


First, let me say that on the scale of world trauma and despair  this is a tiny blip on the radar. But my radar is still beeping. Actually its just the tinnitus ringing in my right ear, a warning that a migraine could be on its way.

And why shouldn't it?

The long and the short of it is that we were supposed to close on our house today. The roofers were supposed to be finished yesterday. I drove by this morning and there's about 30 shingles laid and two old fellas that bear a strong resemblance to Santa were working.

Oh, and it's supposed to rain all weekend.

There was a part of me that wanted to jump out of the car, climb the ladder in my work clothes and say, "Seriously? Less Santa, more elves!!!"

Elves would have had the roof done by Wednesday evening.


*source

Bah Humbug.
I think this calls for a trip to the vending machine this afternoon.
Good idea Honey Boo Boo.
Cheese balls it is.