Friday, December 14, 2012

Angela


4 years ago today I lost one of the best friends I'll ever have. At least once a week I have an irrational urge to call her cell phone.

When you were in Angela's inner circle, that was it. You were loved unconditionally. She was your friend, champion, and supporter for life. No matter if you did something dumb, or disappointed her, or made her mad. I learned so much about family and love from her.

But I think she's happy with the way things have gone since she left. I know how much she would have loved Jane. I know she would be so proud of her sister Anna who raises money for breast cancer and works for her own business now. I know she's happy that Bryan found a wonderful woman that's now his fiancee (hi Mo). And I know that her father's new life would make her smile, just like this picture.

And without a doubt, had she lived, she would probably be over in China with Rebecca on an extended vacation. The two of them would have gotten into so much trouble and probably eaten a lot of flash fried crispy scorpions in Shanghai.. and then made fun of me for being too chicken to do it.

I love you Ang. You will never be forgotten, and we will see you again.