Friday, January 25, 2013

Welcome Home



I thought it might be time to make introductions.
Ladies, this is our new house.
New house, meet the ladies.

It was built in the late 1960's. The floor plan and style is very traditional. I like to say it's new enough to function, but old enough to have character. I always swore that our next house would be really old. Funnily enough, this one is ten years newer than the last. It's funny how much less I loved quirky bungalows and creaky Victorians when I started looking at their tiny closets. And no garages. And sloping floors.And lead pipes. I suppose this makes me practical. And old. And maybe a bit of a chicken, but that's ok. When it's sleeting and Jane is crying in the back seat we can pull into the garage and unload in the laundry room. Toootally worth not having stained glass windows beside the fireplace.





When we were looking at houses we dubbed this one the Mini Home Alone House. Matt's greatest disappointment to date was discovering that the staircase didn't line up with the front door, thus prohibiting him from sliding down and out onto the sidewalk on his sled, just like Kevin McCallister.

Somewhere, across town, cold chills just ran down the back of our insurance agent's neck.


Everything about this place made us fall in love. Every day I walk through the door and breathe a sigh of relief. I feel like we were supposed to live here all along. It's a huge blessing, and we're so, so, so thankful.