Friday, February 15, 2013

Bitter Sweet Request


As some of you know, our friend Laura and her beautiful daughter, Harper, lost a husband and father this week. Please keep them in your prayers. A fund has been set up for anyone who wants to make a contribution. The link on paypal isn't working at the moment, but please email me if you're interested in donating to them and I can get you some more information (mabelsblog (at) yahoo (dot) com)

They are going through a move and incurring a lot of expenses, as you can imagine. Please keep this verse in mind as you consider helping. I don't like to be seen as wielding the proverbial Biblical hammer, but this situation is different. I think we can all agree on that.

 "Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world." James 1:27

Also, Harper is the most awesome little girl in the world, as well as Jane's hero. When I asked Harper during bath time if she was a mermaid, she shook her head and said, "No! I'm a crocodile."

She's my kind of girl.