Monday, July 15, 2013

Rallying the Troops


*Thanks for the rug compliment/question emails. I found it here. 

When I wrote my last post, I did not expect the level of feedback I received.

I did not know this was a wound so many of you carried. I mean, I knew lots of women experienced it. But your personal emails and individual stories brought tears (actual tears) to my eyes.

When I wrote it I didn't think I was rallying troops. But apparently I was.

I'm proud to be in the same boat with so many of you ladies. You're strong, and wise, and I'm privileged to correspond with you on a daily basis.

My sister Rachel visited this weekend, and snapped this picture. Matt made Jane a blanket fort and she kept running in and out yelling, "My house!" Except she's developing an accent so it sounded like, "My howyessse." Adorable, but also worrisome to Matt, who despite being raised in Texas has hardly any discernible accent. But, he's been married to me for 12 years so he should have foreseen a southern accented kid coming.

Matt and I huddled in her "howyesse" and it struck me how incredibly grateful I am for our little family of three. It couldn't be more happy if there were a dozen of us. I don't want anyone to feel sorry for us, or think that I'm mourning more children. I am most contented, happy, and smitten with the family God has given me. I also believe very strongly in adoption, and foster care, and I feel that one day in the future there will be another child in my life to love.

Until then, it's us three against the world. I like it. I like it a lot.